Conversion plugin phpxlsx
Preparing the spreadsheets for conversion
Preparing the spreadsheets for conversion when using the LibreOffice method
To achieve the highest quality when transforming a spreadsheet using the LibreOffice method, it is advisable to follow some good practices:
- Use the latest release available on libreoffice.
- Table styles are not supported. Cell and content styles must be used.
- Choose font types available in the operating system where the conversion plugin is running. Linux, Windows and macOS allow adding new fonts easily.
- LibreOffice has some minor differences in default sizes and distances compared with MS Excel. It is recommended to check these values; just open the spreadsheet with LibreOffice to adjust them.
- In order to achieve a conversion as much close as possible to the original content, you can create the XLSX file with LibreOffice. LibreOffice 4.3 and higher allows to save spreadsheets in XLSX format (File > Save as > Excel 2007-365 (.xlsx)). These files are fully compatible with MS Excel.